Military rations (The Reach Campaign)
Each military ration is a pre-packaged meal with starters, sides, dessert and drink. It has self-heating and self-cooling components and is vacuum packed. The drink powders can be mixed with water and can be drunk via the mask tubes. Otherwise eating requires removing the mask.
The rations come in packages of 3 random tastes. Individual opinions vary, but generally the ones with lower number taste better. Troopers often trade rations with each other to obtain their favorites.
The favorite taste rule
Each character has acquired a liking for one taste per level. If the character has eaten a meal of their favorite taste, they have +1 morale bonus they can use to one roll within the next day (max. one taste bonus at a time).
- Meat, pork, organic & pineapple, organic
- Meat, chicken, free-range tikka masala
- Meat, tuna, artificial, vat-grown salad
- Macaroni & chili
- Meatballs, meat, artificial, vat-grown in marinara sauce
- Meat, chicken, artificial, vat-grown, with parmesan, artificial, vegetable-based
- Maple, natural sausage, meat-like product, non-meat
- Smokey, artificial smoke flavor, sausages, meat-by-product, natural
- Meat, pork, non-pork, locusize patty
- Escalloped vegetables, potatoes, natural with ham, meat, non-pork, anasad, farmed
- Chicken Little (tm) with rice, aeroponic
- Diced fowl, meat, non-fowl, kemeru with gravy
- Meat, beef, waaned, industrial with mushrooms, industrial
- Cheese, dairy, artificial, industrial, pasta, tortellini
- Beef, non-meat, soy, hydroponic & mashed vegetables, potatoes, hydroponic
- Meat, beef, komodey, natural steak
- Pasta, wheat, natural with vegetables, assorted, hydroponic
- Grilled meat, fowl, spidium
- Meat, crillamee, vat-grown chow mein
- Fish, tuna, artificial, non-meat with noodles, wheat, natural
- Meat, ham, non-pork, non-meat, industrial, artificial protein & meat, chicken, non-meat, industrial, artificial protein
- Meat, beef, waaned, industrial, secondary products ravioli
- Meat, boneless pork, non-pork, artificial, chop & noodles
- Chicken Little (tm) stew
- Vegetables, assorted, variously sourced burger
- Omelet, non-chicken, artificial, vat-grown with ham, non-pork, non-meat, vegetable-based
- Frankfuters, industrial, artificial, meat-like protein with beans, natural
- Vegetable, assorted, hydroponic omelet, non-chicken, vat-grown
- Chicken Little (tm) a la King
Each ration tube is a concentrated ration for a whole day. They can be attached to the drinking tubes of the gas masks and eaten with the mask on. They come in boxes of 7 for one week. The tubes are color coded, but the tastes are anyone's guess.
One can survive on ration tubes, but living on them for longer periods of time leads to weight loss and weakness. -1 to Str & Con per week on this diet.
- Saddle brown
- Dark cyan
- Sea green
- Pale violet
- Brick red