Tomorrow We Die (MechWarrior)
Tomorrow We Die
"MechWarrior, cling thee not to this world,
As it holds for you no more.
But listen! Listen for the song from afar,
And heed the lilting call of the land that awaits.
Let the final breath slip from your pierced chest,
And your broken hands fall from the stick.
Bend your bloodied brow to this life,
And let tumble the shattered helm that once cradled your head.
Leave behind these acrid smokes of the fields,
These swirling battlegrounds of charred metal, bone and flesh.
Depart from the flashing fires that filled your eyes with destruction,
And abandon the burning hulk of steel and crimson that was your mount.
Hold not to this realm,
But hasten! Hasten down the twisting path to the mountains.
To the dark mountains and beyond,
And across the shimmering sea."
"How can we act against the government? It is treason!"
"Some philosophers say that it is the right of the people of a nation to overthrow a government that acts against their common interests and threatens the safety of the people. I disagree... It is not a right. It is our duty. A duty ordered by nothing less than the Letters of Government, written by our ancestors.
Just remember that they didn’t take the power. There was no evil master plan working behind the scenes. They were no super villains – just ordinary people. Just ordinary people who got used to the idea that the power given to them by the democratic process actually belongs to them, and them only. Just ordinary people who got corrupted by the power to the point that they think that they know what is the best for the rest of us.
They gave up on their principles, and they let the power to twist their ideals and morale. Now there is no hope of them giving up the power back to the people.
So we must do it for them."
Theme and setting
Character Creation Notes
"Warriors! Tomorrow we may die, but today we fulfill our duty! Today we fight and win!"
000 The War That Never Was
000 Ask Paycheck Not Permission
000 Better SAFE than sorry
000 The Most Wonderful War
000 Warfare By Other Means
000 Kings of the disputed territories
000 Time to Die
Vikipages for the campaign
- 10th Space Wing (Dalcour Military)
- 1st Guards Regiment (Dalcour Military)
- 2nd Cavalry Regiment (Dalcour Military)
- 4th Protector Regiment (Dalcour Military)
- 8th Protector Regiment (Dalcour Military)
- AFD Mech Unit Example (Dalcour Military)
- Alexander Ghatak (Tomorrow We Die)
- Armed Forces of Dalcour (Dalcour Military)
- Awards and decorations (Dalcour military)
- Behrouz Yaser Darzi (Tomorrow We Die)
- Cayerlon Defence Forces (Dalcour military)
- Character creation (Tomorrow We Die)
- DARE Service (Mercenary unit)
- Dalcour (Tomorrow We Die)
- EP104 The Price of Freedom (Tomorrow We Die)
- First Strike (BattleTech)
- Jahangir Ardehi (Tomorrow We Die)
- Lattimer Collective (Dalcour Province)
- Lattimer Security Forces (Dalcour Military)
- Max Van Der Visser (Tomorrow We Die)
- MechWarrior (Dalcour Military)
- OPFOR Intelligence Review (Tomorrow We Die)
- Personnel (Tomorrow We Die)
- Ravenna Sastro (Tomorrow We Die)
- Republic of Cayerlon (Dalcour Province)
- Shining Sabres of Penegyar (Dalcour Military)
- Socio-Industrial Level (Mechwarrior)
- Sultanate of Penegyar (Dalcour province)
- Sunderwolves Regiment (Mercenary command)
- Task Force Celestial (Tomorrow We Die)